The natural hair community is a hub of support, encouragement, information, and all things warm and fuzzy. It is also a community that does NOT need another one of the following things, please:
1. Another natural hair “event”- Yes, natural hair events are great for brands, people looking for advice, and so on but I assure you that 10 natural hair events per week at any given time is excessive and they are repetitive. I just think it makes the entire community unnecessarily complicated.
2. More hair envy- Going natural is supposed to be about accepting what your hair is. But, some bloggers, vloggers, and influencers build their fan base on others wanting what they have whether that be super long, the “ideal” curl, baby hair, all of that. Hair envy is a step backwards. Be your own hair crush.
3. Another hair growth swindle- Hair grows because that is what it is made to do unless you are ill or something like that. More than likely, those hair growth swindles are just as they seem, too good to be true. Take care of your hair, drink your water, eat well, and your hair will flourish.
4. More natural hair gangsters- It is MY natural hair, not YOUR natural hair, so I decide what qualifies it as natural, not YOU!
5. Another texture manager- Natural hair is not something that needs to be wrangled like a wild animal. It is your hair; learn what it needs to look good. Learn what you need to accept the hair you have. Although most would like to think those manageability kits are chemical free, they are not. How else do they manage?